Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Lemon Water
10x8 acrylic on canvas panel
Buy it at: https://www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/gregory-cross-8940

Well, after 3 paintings in a row featuringt a tree, I decided to do something different. I decided I wanted to do a still life and one featuring a glass or a bottle. After all, the only painting of mine to date to be actually on display in a traditional art gallery is my "Lilies, Lemon, and Orange" which is not that different from this one. Anyway, I decided to do a sliced lemon in a glass of water. I did a greyed purple background on the bottom half to make the lemon really pop (and it does) and a blue at the top, which works with the lemon slice in the glass. Turned into an interesting painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment