Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Monday, December 31, 2018

Mountain #2
14x11 acrylic on canvas panel
Buy it at:https://www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/gregory-cross-8940/artwork

The fourth painting I did was of a lone mountain and I liked it. It is hanging on my wall with a select few of my paintings. And it is on the right panel of this blog page. I have painted mountains many times since, usually in the background. But I decided I wanted to paint a lone mountain once again. This painting is on order of magnitude better. I didn't know much about color theory or painting techniques when I started out and wouldn't have known a complimentary color from a football. Lots of study and nearly a hundred paintings later, I have a much better painting. This painting is painted with only 4 analogous colors: aquamarine blue, thalo blue, cerulean blue, and thalo green. Plus white and black to change the value, of course. Also used some cadmium orange to gray out the aquamarine blue in a few places, but not many. This painting is fabulous, but I still like the other one and it will stay on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment