Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Thursday, December 13, 2018

My paintings on display
at Elvira Cisneros Senior Center

This has been a very busy and event filled week which has left little time for my daily painting. I started a painting on Monday but it is still in the early stages and I hope to get more done on it as soon as possible. So, for the interim I wanted to show how several of my paintings have been put on display at the Elvira Cisneros Senior Center. All of us who have been painting the 60 foot mural over the past year were given the opportunity to submit paintings for permanent display at the center. Of the eight I submitted, six were hung on the walls. And you will notice:
In the center of the picture of four. Out of all the paintings that were chosen, four were selected as best of show and are going to be on display at the Bihl Haus Art Gallery. My painting "Lilies, Lemon, and Orange" (see October 31 post for the picture) was selected as one of the four to be displayed at the art gallery. There will be a celebration in honor of the four artists in January. My fist display in an actual art gallery. Maybe someone will buy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment