Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Friday, February 1, 2019

Study of a Planed Pear
12x9 acrylic on canvas pad

I spend a lot of time doing studies and practice paintings. I call them my doodles. This one was a value study using a pear with the peal cut off so that the surface is a bunch of flat planes. Then I used my new shadow box (actually a corner with material draped against the wall and a lamp) to set up the still life. But, as this was just a study, I painted very loose and quickly, just trying to get the basic values in grey scale on the canvas paper. I kind of got in the groove (to use a saying from yesteryear) and my doodle became interesting. So, I applied a little bit more effort, added some finishing touches, and ended up with "Study of a Planed Pear". I liked the result, so I signed it and decided to post it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment