Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Reef
8x10 acrylic on canvas panel
Buy it at: https://www.dailypaintworks.com/Artists/gregory-cross-8940

I had the germ of the idea for this while I was painting "Pellucid" yesterday. I was actually working on two other paintings this morning and worked on this whenever I took a break from them. Unfortunately, one of those others was a total disappointment so I just gesso'd it. I will reuse that panel later. The other is just barely started, so I see how it goes. Anyway, for this piece I used two basic composition ideas. The L, which frames the area of the focal point and I placed the big dot at the intersection of the third lines to be the focal point. Also, all the colors in the L are analogous colors while the dot is a complementary color. After I painted it I realized it has a vague, under the ocean type of feel to it, so I called it "The Reef".

No comments:

Post a Comment