Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Saturday, October 20, 2018

.Wednesday's (October 17, 2018) Painting: Blue Pot and Wicker Vase, 9x12 acrylic on canvas pad

For the most part, I paint landscapes or seascapes, but I also give a still life a try on occasion. This blue pot was on a table of prizes at a local bingo game and I really liked the blue. From a picture I took with my phone, I adapted it to this painting. The point was to work on composition and value. Both objects are in the "sweet spots" according to the rule of thirds (Yes, I have been studying) and I think I have the values, shadows, and highlights fairly correct. I was quite happy with the results of this.

Now, I know I said that I was attempting the Daily Painting Project and you might expect today's painting. Well, it isn't finished. I should have it for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment