Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Saguaro
14x11 Acrylic on stretched canvas

Todays painting (not shown) is not finished yet. It needs some background work and the finishing touches, of course. So, I decided to show you this one. I painted Saguaro in August. I want you to compare the change in quality to Tree, Field and Hedgerows (in the footer of the page) which I painted in March, and to Brackenridge Park (above) which I painted in April. Now compare it to  yesterdays post. I hope that you can see a marked improvement in quality over the past 8 months. .

I think that Saguaro is a good painting. I was quite satisfied with it then. And I still am, which is saying something since I am beginning to have a more critical eye for my art. Many paintings I thought were o.k. before are now in the "Gesso" pile so the canvas can be reused. I have also been giving some away to family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment