Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tree Down the Street 1
8x10 acrylic on canvas board
I painted two pictures today. Tree Down the Street 1 was the second of the two. It is the first of an intended series of paintings of interesting trees and plants in the neighborhood. This tree is about a block and a half north of my house. The painting came out really well.

Tree Study
9x12 acrylic on canvas pad
The other painting was a study of a tree from the book I have been working out of (see the post from 21 October). I felt it was a success so I went and painted the Tree Down the Street using the techniques learned in the exercise..

I have a new camera, a Nikon Coolpix B500, so it will take me a little to get used to it. I try real hard not to mess up the photos of the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment