Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Friday, November 9, 2018

Chili Duo
11x14 Acrylic on stretched canvas
Buy it at https://www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/gregory-cross-8940/artwork

Well, here is the other still life I did. I painted Chili Duo back in early August. A study on how to paint round objects and make them look 3 dimensional. Though this was a class lesson and not a serious painting, it still came out pretty good. So, now you have seen all the still lives that I have done, except for one that was so horrible I reprimed  the canvas and painted something else on it. Believe it or not, I have several other paintings waiting for the same repriming treatment. Not every effort is good.

An interesting aside about yesterday's mural session. The professional artist in charge of the project asked me to teach her how I paint rocks. It is a sure sign you're getting better when a professional that has been doing it for decades wants to learn your technique. Yeah, ok, big ego boost. But you take it anyway you can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment