Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Miles of Snow
16x20 acrylic on stretched canvas

Well, Thanksgiving in the US is Thursday, so I decided to paint a snow scene with a nice little cozy cabin. Inside the little cabin's warmth people prepare for the another day of snow and cold. Yesterdays snow melt has made a muddy mess of the road and refroze so the ice reflects the sky. Nice image for a nice painting.

An interesting bit of coincidence. I finished this painting just before going to work on the mural today and while there, a call went out for paintings featuring a snow scene to enter a contest. I said, why not? I will attempt to enter Miles of Snow next Tuesday after the long holiday weekend. But that leads to a dilemma. I had painted this for a Christmas present and I have no more 16x20 canvas. It is Black Friday week and any store is an absolute nut house all this week. I may just buy some canvas online and paint small for a few days to avoid the stores and the traffic.

I'll give you an idea of how crazy it is. I went to get burgers for dinner yesterday to a place less than 10 minutes away. It is in a little shopping center across from a Target. Down the boulevard (6 lane major street) is a very large mall plus a couple of other shopping centers. It took me 90 minutes to get home due to the traffic! I could have walked and been home faster. I was rather irritated you might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment