Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Wave Study #2
9x12 acrylic on canvas pad

Thanksgiving kind of disrupted my painting efforts as holidays and family gatherings do. I have dropped back to painting some simple, and not so simple, studies on canvas pad. First I did some color value studies, but they are not interesting so I won't post them here. Then I decided I wanted to do some wave studies. Well, Wave Study #1 was a complete failure and ended up in the trash, which is why I use canvas pads. It's just paper, after all.

Anyway, I didn't like the lesson I was trying to do from one of my books. So I found one on the internet and followed it. The result is Wave Study #2 above. It turned out nice, but I was following step by step instructions so it should. Just trying some new things and seeing what works for me. I have done a few waves in the past. I want to be able to paint seascapes, landscapes, skyscapes, and still lives whenever the fancy takes me. Might also toy with abstract but that's down the road. You need to know how to do it right before you deliberately do it wrong.

But I have 3 paintings, at least, I need to do for Christmas gifts and haven't really decided what subjects. Most likely a landscape with a waterfall. After all, if I do all 3 on similar subjects the recipients can't say so and so got a better one. I have some 11x14 canvas boards that I will probably use. You'll see them here when I finish them. 24 November already, no pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment