Mountaitn #3

Mountaitn #3
8 x 10 acrylic on stretched linen canvas

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Derelict Church and the Hangman's Tree
16x20 acrylic on stretched canvas

Well, here is another new painting. This painting started out as an exercise from a library book on painting acrylic landscapes but my colors were coming out darker than I wanted. I know that I could have easily fixed it and that the later stages of the painting would have lightened it up anyway, but the subject matter (an old church on a lake with a dead tree in the foreground) and the time of year it is (plus the fact I watched a bunch of scary movies lately) I decided to have some fun with it. I made the church run down with missing slats and door, then I added a few grave stones to its left. Furthering the Halloween feel of it, I added a hangman's noose, fungus, and a flock of ravens. I also put in a mushroom faerie ring just for grins. I thought of adding a jack-o-lantern or a headless horseman, but didn't think I could pull it off. Anyway, who said every painting has o be serious? I hope you like my late for Halloween painting "Derelict Church and the Hangman's Tree". It was just a for the fun of it painting, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment